Please follow these instructions for 10 days (or until all scabs have fallen off. Use only the aftercare kit ($20) to cleanse and moisturize. Failure to do follow these instructions can affect your healing and colour retention.
48 hours after the procedure: Absorb
- Gently blot the area with clean tissue to absorb excess lymph fluid, if any.
- Do this every hour or until oozing has stopped.
- Removing this fluid prevents hardening of the lymph on the skin
- It is normal for some pigment to come off onto the tissue.
Days 1-10: Step 1: Wash (morning and evening)
- Wash daily to remove bacteria and dead skin.
- With a very light touch, use your fingertips to gently cleanse the treated area.
- Lightly foam the cleanser and rinse with water ensuring that everything is rinsed away.
- Pat gently to dry.
- Only use the cleanser provided.
- Do not exfoliate.
Days 1-10: Step 2: Moisturize (morning and evening)
- Apply a rice grain amount of aftercare ointment with a cotton swab and spread it across the treated area.
- Be sure not to over-apply, as this will suffocate your skin and delay healing.
- The ointment should be barely noticeable on the skin.
- Never put the ointment on a wet or damp tattoo.
- Use a fresh pillowcase
- Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking can cause scarring or loss of color.
- No facials, Botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks after the procedure.
- Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for one week.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 4 weeks after procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors.
- Avoid heavy sweating and long hot showers for the first 10 days.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
- Avoid swimming, lakes, hot tubs for the first 10 days.
- Avoid topical makeup including sunscreen on the area until healed. Once healed, we recommend applying sunscreen over the tattoo to prevent premature fading.
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area.
- If itchy, poke gently with a toothpick.
Important note about showering:
- Limit your shower time and temperature so you do not create too much steam.
- Keep your face/procedure out of the water while you wash your body, then, at the end of your shower, wash your hair.
- Your face should only be getting wet at the very end of the shower. Avoid excessive rinsing and hot water on the treated area.
If you are having an MRI scan, please inform your doctor that you have had permanent makeup done.
What to expect as you heal:
- Please use the images provided as a reference.
- Everyone heals differently; therefore, your healing results may or may not resemble the images.
- Since we have no exact way of knowing how your skin will heal and hold the pigment, the Follow Up session at 6-8 weeks after your initial session is crucial in achieving the best results.
- Any gaps, shape issues, colour, etc. that are not satisfactory will be corrected at the Follow Up.